Adult Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteers are a vital part of the library and we greatly appreciate their hard work and dedication! Volunteers provide many services, including:
- Assisting with the ongoing library book sale - Apply with the library foundation to volunteer at our book sales!
- Inventorying the collection - recruiting in Jan of 2024.
- Processing materials - at capacity.
- Repairing books - at capacity.
- Scanning photographs - at capacity.
- Shelving materials - at capacity/reviewing applications.
- Sorting donations - at capacity.
How to Apply
We are currently fully staffed with volunteers at this time. Please check back at another time or volunteer with the library foundation!
Teen Volunteers Opportunities
Area students can fulfill community service requirements by providing valuable services for the library. Students in grades 7-12 can apply to volunteer. Volunteers in grades 7 and 8 must be residents of the City of Falls Church. Teen Volunteer opportunities include:
- Shelf Monitors: Shelf monitors are assigned a section of the library collection for shelving and shelf reading. Volunteers commit to an hour a week. Shifts are flexible based on the volunteer's availability.
- Teen Advisory Board: The Teen Advisory Board meets monthly during the school year to give teens a voice in the library. Activities may include reviewing new books for the collection, decorating the library's teen space, and suggesting the programming you'd like to see!
- Programming Assistance (Summer only): Programming volunteers help with Summer Reading program preparation, presentation, and crowd control. Volunteers commit to one hour per week during the summer.
How to Apply
- Anyone wishing to volunteer should fill out the teen volunteer application below. This form must be completed and volunteers must attend training before beginning service.
- The library cannot offer opportunities to fulfill court mandated community service hours at this time.