|Books on CD||21 Days||10||Yes||Yes|
|eBooks and eAudiobooks||21 Days||10||Yes||Yes|
|Lucky Day Books||14 Days||3||No||No|
|Book Club Kits||60 Days||5||No||Yes|
|Library Provided Book Club Books||60 Days||N/A||No||Yes|
*Note: Seniors (62+) are allowed an additional week for all items except DVDs and eMaterials
We’re a Fine Free Library!
In an effort to remove barriers to service for all in the community, MRSPL went fine free July 1st, 2020.
Lost, missing or damaged materials remain on a patron's account until those materials are returned or the replacement fee for the material is paid depending upon condition. Materials that are 30 days overdue are automatically billed to the patrons account. If those materials are returned in good condition, the billed fee will be removed from the account.
If you miss paying fines, consider donating directly to the library!
- Items can be renewed twice barring no other patron has an item on reserve
- If a patron has a reserve on a checked-out item, it cannot be renewed
- Renewal due dates are calculated from the date of renewal
Items are automatically renewed the day they are due unless:
- It has already been renewed twice
- It is on reserve for another patron
- Library fees exceed $10.00
- The item is part of our eCollection
How do I renew materials?
Most items will renew automatically via our autorenew feature on the day they are due (barring you are within renewal limits), but you can always renew your items ahead of time in one of the following ways:
Text the library at 703-520-2484 with one of the commands cues below:
- Renew Due: Renews all items due in the next few days that are able to be renewed
- Renew All: Renews all items on your account that are able to be renewed
- Summary: Sends you a privacy redacted summary of what is currently out and what is due
- You can also text the number above with any questions to talk with a librarian when the library is open.
- You have the option of getting due date notifications via text. If you receive these notifications, you can simply reply to those notifications with one of the commands above.
Note: The text renewal option is only available if you have your cell phone number listed as a contact number in your library account to link the number you are texting from to your account.
You can also renew by calling 703-248-5031 (TTY 711) at any time (24/7). If you leave a message, please leave as much of the information below as possible:
- Your name (Please spell your last name slowly)
- Your library card barcode number
- The titles of the books you wish to renew
- Your phone number (in case we need to alert you to issues with the renewal)
The library sends a courtesy reminder by email or text to patrons 3 days before materials are due. In addition, the library also attempts to automatically renew your materials the day they are due, at which point you will receive a notification of the success or failure of that attempt.
We have three places to return materials, two of which are accessible 24/7.
- Drive up book drop – located in the parking alley directly behind the library.
- Exterior book drop – located outside the library just to the right of our entrance doors.
- Interior book drop – If you make it all the way inside the building with your returns, you can drop them through the slot in the wall directly to your right as you enter the library.
Lost or damaged materials are charged the full replacement fee. Because many library materials include special covers and processing, we are not able to accept replacement copies in exchange for lost or damaged items.
You can pay for items in the library, over the phone, or by logging into your Apollo account and paying via Paypal. To access your account, log in, then click the My Account button to view or pay any current bills.
When a library account is blocked, borrowing privileges and access to select online resources are suspended.
A library account will be blocked if:
- The total amount owed on an account exceeds $30
- The account has 5 or more overdue materials
- A library card has expired
An account is unblocked upon the payment of the amount owed, return of the items, or renewal of the library account.