- Library to Your Door provides no-cost home delivery of library materials to any City of Falls Church resident physically unable to come into the library due to a temporary or permanent disability.
- Homebound patrons may borrow books, magazines, DVDs and audiobooks for an extended loan period of four weeks. Library to Your Door customers may request up to five items a week up to a total of 20 items checked out.
- MRSPL staff will fill requests for specific titles, or select materials based on reading interests, and then check-out, deliver and, later, retrieve the material.
- If you would like to utilize this service, please call our Adult Services Department at 703-248-5035 (TTY 711).
Curbside pickup service is available whenever the library is open.
- Reserve items through our online catalog. If you cannot get online, reserves can also be placed by calling the library at 703-248-5031 (TTY 711).
- When your items are ready - usually with 48 hours - you will receive an automated notification via email or text with instructions for Curbside Pickup. If you do not have an email address listed in your account, library staff will call to alert you.
- Once notified, pickup your curbside reserves at 120 N. Virginia Ave. Please park in the curbside service spots located just outside the library on N. Virginia Ave.
- Use the meeScan app to notify staff you have arrived. If you cannot access the app, call 703-248-5233 (TTY 711) for our curbside line.
The newly renovated and expanded library building, which opened in September 2022, is fully ADA compliant, with wheelchair access, handicapped bathrooms and handicapped parking spaces.
The library offers interpretation service for 350+ languages over the phone (or in-person through the phone) using a service called Lionbridge. Please call 703-248-5030 (TTY 711) for more information.
The library’s collection includes several accessible formats:
- Large Print books
- Overdrive eBooks and Overdrive digital magazines with variable fonts, font sizes, and contrast
- Audiobooks, both on compact disc and downloadable through Overdrive
- Extensive DVD collection, including foreign language films and English language films with subtitles and captions
- Spanish language collection (books and magazines) as well as select magazines in a variety of languages
- Library of Congress provides Talking Book Service free of charge for the blind, physically or visually impaired or learning disabled.
- Audiobooks and playing equipment are provided free of charge by mail.
- Residents of the City of Falls Church are provided this service through Access Services Branch of the Fairfax County Public Library. For More Information, call (703) 324-8380 (TTY 711).
- For more information, please consult the National Library for the Blind and Handicapped,
- Hand magnifying glasses available upon request at each service desk.
- TTY 711 relay service.
- Extended loan period – 4 weeks – on books and magazines for seniors (62 years and over).
- Windows 10 accessibility features on public work stations.