Borrow a thermal camera to view hot and cold spots in your home where air is escaping or insulation is insufficient. The camera attaches to your smartphone or tablet and runs off a free downloadable app.
Borrowing and Placing Holds
- The cameras can be requested at the Circulation Desk.
- There are four cameras:
- Two for iOS (iPhone and iPad devices)
- One for Android devices using USB-C
- One for Android devices using Micro-USB
- Cameras may be borrowed for 7 days and may be renewed if there are no holds on them.
- Cameras may be placed on hold if they are not currently available.
- Overdue fines accrue at $1/day. Lost or damaged cameras are billed at the replacement cost.
What's In the Box? Each thermal camera comes with carrying bag, protective case, charging cord, instruction booklet, an explanation booklet for analyzing your findings, and a comment card.
Returning Camera When Finished
Cameras should be returned directly to the Circulation Desk and should be fully charged. Please DO NOT return cameras through the library's book drops.
The thermal cameras have been generously donated by the Village Preservation and Improvement Society. Additional thanks to Dominion Camera and the Energy Transition Subcommittee of the Environmental Sustainability Council of Falls Church.