You can get a card if:
- you reside, work, or own property in the City of Falls Church, VA.
You can also get a card if you reside in:
- Arlington, VA
- City of Alexandria, VA
- District of Columbia
- Fairfax County, VA
- Frederick County, MD
- Loudon County, VA
- Montgomery County, MD
- Prince Georges County, MD
- Prince William County, VA
Apply Online here for a Mary Riley Styles Public Library temporary e-card! Then into the library with your proof of address and pick up your card within 30 days.
Apply in library! Just bring a document that provides proof of name and current address, including, but not limited to:
- Valid driver’s license
- Utility bill from the past 3 months
- Rental or mortgage statement from the last 3 months
- Postmarked letter from the past 3 months
- Personalized checkbook with printed address
In most cases, your library account password defaults to the 10-digit phone number we have on record. Though, if you applied for your card online, you set a password when you filled out your application.
If you are having difficulty with your password, you can reset it from the catalog page by clicking on the “card number” box in the top right hand corner and selecting the Reset it option or you can contact library staff and we will help you reset your password.
- Items can be renewed twice barring no other patron has an item on reserve
- If a patron has a reserve on a checked-out item, it cannot be renewed
- Renewal due dates are calculated from the date of renewal
Items are automatically renewed the day they are due unless:
- It has already been renewed twice
- It is on reserve for another patron
- Library fees exceed $10.00
- The item is part of our eCollection
How do I renew materials?
Most items will renew automatically via our autorenew feature on the day they are due (barring you are within renewal limits), but you can always renew your items ahead of time in one of the following ways: online, by text, or by phone.
Learn more about how renew items online, by text, or by phone...
We have three places to return materials, two of which are accessible 24/7.
- Drive up book drop – located in the parking alley directly behind the library.
- Exterior book drop – located outside the library just to the right of our entrance doors.
- Interior book drop – If you make it all the way inside the building with your returns, you can drop them through the slot in the wall directly to your right as you enter the library.
Downloadable audio and ebooks services available through MRSPL are listed on our Resources page as eBooks & Downloadables.
Most titles can be searched through our regular catalog or directly on our Overdrive site at mrspl.overdrive.com.
The easiest way to read or listen to Overdrive ebooks and audiobooks on tablets and smartphones is using the Libby app.
Interlibrary loan service (ILL) – to request items not included in the library’s collection - is available to City of Falls Church residents and employees of City government and City schools.
- ILL users are limited to 5 active requests at a time.
- A $4 postage fee is charged, payable at pickup, for any item that must be returned to the lending library. Journal articles are generally emailed as PDFs free of charge; however, printed copies can be provided upon request (printing charges apply).
To request an interlibrary loan, please fill out this form or call our Adult Services Department at 703-248-5035 (TTY 711).
- Limited parking is located in the alley directly behind the library.
- Four 15-minute spots are available in front of the library on North Virginia Avenue.
- Two handicap spots are available in front of the library on Park Avenue.
- Street parking is available around the library (look for posted time limits).
- Please note that towing is enforced in neighboring shopping center and office building parking lots.
Learn more about directions and means of accessing the library...
Free WiFi is provided throughout the building. Just connect to CityWiFi on your device. No password is required; however you will need to acknowledge a splash page that opens in your browser to complete the connection.
You can also send jobs to the library printer directly from your device (in the library or from home) using our mobile printing service. Moble print jobs will remain queued in the library's print queue for 24 hours until released.
PRINITNG, COPYING & SCANNING:
- A Xerox machine is available on the upper level for copying, printing, and scanning. (Scans be saved to a thumb drive or emailed directly form the Xerox machine.)
- Available paper sizes for copying/printing include 8.5x11, 11X14, and 11x17.
- No charge for scanning or for the first 10 pages of copying or printing.
- Above the first 10 pages, the cost for copies and prints is:
- Black & White: $0.10/page
- Color: $0.50/page
- Print jobs can sent from personal devices - inside the library or remotely - using our Print from Anywhere service.
- Sent jobs can be accessed on the library's print release kiosk queue (by the copy machine) for up to 24 hours and then will be automatically deleted if unclaimed.
DONATE BOOKS & OTHER ITEMS: For information about how to donate books, DVDs, and CDs to the library, please visit our Donations page.
MONETARY DONATIONS: For more information about making a charitable gift donation to the library, please visit the MRSPL Foundation's website.
DONATIONS TO OUR LOCAL HISTORY ROOM: If you have Falls Church related photos, documents, or other materials that you think might be of interest to the library, please contact our Falls Church History Room.
If there is an item you think the library should add to the collection, you can suggested it using this form.