Winter Read Aloud 2023
What is the Winter Read Aloud?
Read aloud for at least 15 minutes a day during the month of February and help raise funds for Homestretch, a local organization, courtesy of The Mary Riley Styles Public Library Foundation. Raise $1 for every hour read as a community up to 1,000 hours.
Dates to remember:
- First day to sign up and start logging minutes: February 1
- Last day to return log: March 15
Who is the Winter Reading program for?
Anyone and everyone!
Families should register and log minutes read aloud under one main account if you're reading together as a group.
Live alone? You can still participate! Read to friends via Zoom, pets, or listen to an audiobook and let someone read to you.
How do I participate in Winter Reading?
- Sign up in person at Mary Riley Styles Library or fill out our online form.
- Use our calendar to track how minutes you read aloud as a family each day.
- Return your calendar to the library to help raise money for Homestretch!
What Should I Read?
Whatever your family is interested in! Come to a library storytime, or listen to an audiobook in the car. If you are looking for suggestions, check out our booklist in the library catalog.
Still have questions?
Contact the Youth Services by calling 703-248-5034 (TTY 711) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special thanks to the Mary Riley Styles Public Library Foundation for sponsoring our Winter Read Aloud program! Learn more about the Foundation on their webpage.