Winter Read Aloud
Winter Read Aloud 2023
What is the Winter Read Aloud?
Read aloud for at least 15 minutes a day during the month of February and help raise funds for Homestretch, a local organization, courtesy of The Mary Riley Styles Public Library Foundation. Raise $1 for every hour read as a community up to 1,000 hours.
Dates to remember:
- First day to sign up and start logging minutes: February 1
- Last day to return log: March 15
Who is the Winter Reading program for?
Anyone and everyone!
Families should register and log minutes read aloud under one main account if you're reading together as a group.
Live alone? You can still participate! Read to friends via Zoom, pets, or listen to an audiobook and let someone read to you.
How do I participate in Winter Reading?
- Sign up in person at Mary Riley Styles Library or fill out our online form.
- Use our calendar to track how minutes you read aloud as a family each day.
- Return your calendar to the library to help raise money for Homestretch!
What Should I Read?
Whatever your family is interested in! Come to a library storytime, or listen to an audiobook in the car. If you are looking for suggestions, check out our booklist in the library catalog.